Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hard work beats talent!!!

My day started at 5:45 struggling to get up and start training. I knew I had a long hard day of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu ahead of me. BJJ Basics at 6:30 was the first class. We went over the Mendes brothers guard passing and back attacks. There moves are so sick!

After that was weight training. Since we are in the off season right now I have to get super big! So it was time to get the heavy weight out and start lifting. After my rounds of box jumps with the medicine ball and clean and jerks I was sweating bullets. Now its time to relax and recoup for the 11:30 am class.

The after noon class was drilling for an hour and rolling for 30 minutes! By the end of this class my body HURT!!! I was ready for some protein!!! So off to Chevy's I went. One hour later and 4 lbs heavier I was ready to fall over and sleep for an hour. But instead I was back at the gym getting ready to teach the kids classes at Crazy 88 BJJ.

Last class was the advanced BJJ. Time for the real training to begin. My body already felt like I have been hit by a car and tackled my 50 awesome little kids. But how am I going to win the Mundials at the Purplebelt if I don't put in the training now!?! So I suited up and got prepared for more beating! One hour later my gi is soaked and I can barely walk.

I go threw all this for one reason and that is to become the 2011 Purplebelts world champion. So I will work harder than anyone in my division and go through all the pain and suffering it takes to be the best.
Like the title of this post says HARD WORK BEATS TALENT!!! And there is no way around it!

No comments:

Post a Comment