Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Process!!


They say that when you are in a system or a process and take yourself out you fall way behind everyone that stayed in the process. Now when I look at this and I think about it. It is very clear that you do fall way behind everyone that stayed in. But I also see another thing. When you take yourself out of the process and later try to get back in the process. You really never make it back to the same level as you were before. You might get close to the level you were once at. But it isn't the same. You never really get back to the level.

I train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu at Crazy 88 BJJ. We recently were visited by the Rafael Mendes and Guilherme Mendes. They are two world class athletes and have won multiple world championships in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. After class everyone was sitting down and talking in a big circle. One of the things they talked about was the Process. How when you are in the process and follow the process you can accomplish anything. This seems like it would be easy but it is not! They were in the process for 10 years to achieve what they have. Most people start something and then quit it 3 months later.

My goal is to become the 2011 purple belt world champion. I am in the process and I know that if I step out of the process for one second I will not achieve my goal. If I even step out for one second I can kiss my gold medal good bye. So the plan is to stay in the process!!

No comments:

Post a Comment