Saturday, July 10, 2010

Judo!!!


Everyone knows that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu includes judo, wrestling and submissions. But if this sport didn't have judo I don't think I would do and stand up at all. Since I am 6'2 it is kinda hard for me to lower my level and shoot for a double or single leg take down. So instead I do judo! Now I do not have to lower my level. All I have to do is get my grips and throw.

At Crazy 88 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu we learn wrestling, judo and bjj. This is good for a person like myself. Because I now can focus on something that complements my body type. Not have to adjust to something that works against my height.

If judo didnt exist at all I know in every Brazilian Jiu Jitsu match I would pull guard. But it isn't any fun pulling guard every time. I want to be able to have a choice if I want to throw someone. Or if I want to be able to jump closed guard or pull half guard. Plus it keeps my opponents guessing on my next move.

No comments:

Post a Comment